Chocolate Mousse – Thermomix
I invited a girlfriend and her partner over for dinner on Saturday night, however, between them both they brought along 6 children and another kid just for fun. Now combine that with our two kids and what was just a quiet dinner with another couple turned into a dinner party for 9 children!
What to do?, well I decided to keep it simple, so I marinated chicken wings for the children (I will put the recipe up for this, but I forgot to take a photo!). However, I was keen to try out the Thermomix mousse on the kiddies. By using my little white coffee cups from the cafe years, I managed to spread the mousse out to 9 cups.
The verdict? totally awesome, they loved it and of course wanted more….should have done a double batch!
100 g sugar
200 g dark chocolate, cut into pieces
100 g cream, min 30% fat
1 pinch salt
1. Place sugar into mixing bowl, pulverise 10 sec/speed 10. Transfer icing sugar into a bowl and set aside.
2. Place dark chocolate into mixing bowl, grind 15 sec/speed 8. Use spatula to scrape ingredient down to the bottom.
3. Add icing sugar and cream, melt 4 min/50°C/speed 2.
4. Separate egg yolks from egg whites, add egg yolks into mixing bowl and mix 15 sec/speed 4. Transfer mixture into medium size bowl. Clean mixing bowl thoroughly.
5. insert butterfly. Place egg whites and salt into mixing bowl, beat 5 min/speed 3 until stiff. Add beaten egg white to chocolate mixture and carefully fold in with spatula. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Leave a Comment