Chewy Chocolate Slice
One of my girlfriends always has this one on offer at her place. I haven’t cooked it in a while, so decided to quickly whip this up for the kids afternoon tea. While I was at it I also converted it for Thermomix. So there is the normal version and the Thermomix version.
All I heard from the kids was mmmmmm!
Its a beautiful chewy and chocolate slice due to the coconut.
125 g butter, melted
1 cup (220g) brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla paste)
1/2 cup (75 g) plain flour
1/4 cup (35 g) self-raising flour
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup (40 g) desiccated coconut
1 Tbsp shredded coconut (to decorate)
1 cup (130 g) Icing sugar
2 Tbsp (10 g) cocoa powder
2 tsp (10 g) butter, melted
1 – 2 Tbsp hot water
1 Preheat oven to l8O°C/l6O°C fan-forced, Grease l9cm x 29cm slice pan; line with
baking paper, extending paper 2cm over long sides.
2 Combine butter, sugar, egg and extract in medium bowl. Stir in sifted flours and cocoa
then desiccated coconut. Spread mixture over base of pan.
3 Bake about 25 minutes or until firm.
4 Meanwhile, make chocolate icing.
5 Spread hot slice with icing; sprinkle with shredded coconut, cool. Cut into 15 squares.
DIRECTIONS FOR THERMOMIX
Heat oven and prepare tin as the same as step 1.
2. Melt butter in Thermomix bowl at 90 c on speed 2 for 2 minutes, leave in the bowl.
3. Add sugar, egg and extract to the bowl and combine around speed 4 for 5 seconds
4. Add flours, cocoa and desiccated coconut and combine again speed 3-4 for around 5 seconds or until combined.
5. Pour into pan and follow cooking instructions.
6. For icing, add the butter to the Thermomix bowl and melt at 90 c on speed 2 for around 50 seconds.
7. Add the other ingredients and mix on speed 3-4 for around 5 seconds until blended.
Leave a Comment