Banana Avocado and Chia Smoothie
Have been really starting to get back into some healthy choices and raw foods. This is a beautiful smoothie I having been enjoying lately. I actually saw it in a magazine ad for organic milk, I photographed and yep popped it in the app. I have been enjoying it ever since!
So what is Chia? For more information on the Chia Seed, read below the recipe.
1 large frozen banana, chopped
180 ml (3/4 cup) Organic milk
70 g (1/4 cup) Greek yogurt
2 Tbs honey
1 tbs black chia seeds
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses and sprinkle with extra chia seeds.
Available now on the Hipcook app.
Subscribe to my website and follow me on Facebook to see what I am adding to the app.
What is Chia
The chia seed was once a staple food of the Aztecs, loved for its ability to sustain and to give endurance. Actually, you could live off chia almost entirely, because it has 19 amino acids, with all of the essential amino acids except taurine.
- Chia is gluten free
- It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
- It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
- It boasts 20% protein
- It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
- Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
- Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
- It contains three times more iron than spinach
- It contains twice the potassium content of banana
- It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
- It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
- Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.
Leave a Comment